Prospective Tenant FAQ's
Q. How and when can I view rentals?
Q. How much is the application fee and how do I obtain and submit the application and fee?
- You can schedule a showing on this website, by email or by calling our office at 804-247-RENT.
- Typically, we show properties by appointment only, Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm, and during limited weekend hours. We encourage all adults leasing the house to be at the showing.
- You must call the office by 10am on the day of your scheduled showing and leave a voicemail confirming the appointment or we will consider the showing canceled.
Q. How much are the security and pet deposits?
- There is a $50.00 application fee, per applicant.
- All adults, including cosigners, are required to submit an application and the $50.00/each fee.
- The application fee is used to purchase a credit, criminal and eviction report. We also verify current housing and employment/income history.
- You may obtain, and submit the rental application and pay the application fee on this website. Or, you can fax, email or drop off your application at our office anytime. There is a clearly marked locked Cityscape dropbox at the door to our office.
- The application fee must be paid before the application is processed.
Q. How do I review and submit the Lease after my application has been approved?
- The security deposit is usually equivalent to one month's rent. However, a larger deposit may be required if applicants have adverse credit, housing or employment/income history.
- The refundable pet deposit is $200.00 per pet.
- You can review a Lease draft on this website. The property specific Lease and Addenda are generated once your application has been approved by the Landlord.
- The actual Lease and Addenda can be submitted online through Electronic Signature, emailed or sent through standard mail (overnight recommended).
- The deposit must be submitted (by certified bank check) with the Lease.