Current Tenant FAQ's
Q. Where is your office located and how do I contact Cityscape Realty?
- Our office is located at 3818 Noble Avenue, Suite B, Richmond, VA 23222.
- Our website is www.CityscapeRealty.net.
- Our email is Info@CityscapeRealty.net.
- Our phone number is 804-257-7268.
- Our fax number is 804-257-7369.
- Our normal office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or by appointment.
Q. When is my rent due?
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late on the 2nd.
- If the 1st falls on a weekend or Holiday, you have until 9:00am of the next business day.
- Mail delays do not excuse you from paying a late fee.
Q. What if I don't pay by the 1st?
- You will be charged a late fee and the legal process will begin.
- You will be responsible for all court and attorney fees associated with this process.
Q. Will my Lease automatically renew?
- Typically, yes. Make sure you read your Lease Agreement fully, and pay close attention to any clauses related to Renewal.
Q. Can I terminate my Lease early?
- Usually, but refer to the Early Lease Termination and Military clauses of your lease.
Q. Am I required to have Renter's Insurance?
- Usually not, although a Landlord may require it in some instances.
- In any event, we STRONGLY urge you to obtain Renter's Insurance.
- It is inexpensive and will provide you with coverage that typically extends beyond simply insuring your personal belongings.
- Please call an insurance agent to ask about this coverage.
Q. How do I communicate a problem, concern or question?
- We prefer email: Info@CityscapeRealty.net.
- Our office number is 804-257-7368. When calling, if you get voicemail, please leave a detailed message. We will return your call asap.
Q. What if I have an emergency?
- We consider an emergency to be any situation that involves an immediate threat to life, health, or property.
- In the event of the above, call 911 if appropriate. Then email and call our office and leave a detailed message outlining the nature of the emergency.
Q. How do I submit maintenance requests?
- We prefer all non-emergency maintenance requests be submitted in writing, using the form on this website.
- You may use email, Info@CityscapeRealty.net, regular mail, fax or hand delivery.
- If necessary, you may call 804-257-7368.
- Be very detailed when specifying your maintenance request and leave your address and contact information.
- You will not be reimbursed for repairs you perform yourself, or through a third party, unless you have obtained written permission from Management.
- You are responsible for any maintenance costs incurred as a result of your negligence.
Q. What if I lock myself out?
- Please refer to your Tenant Handbook for procedures on this.
- There will be a charge for after-hour key replacement.
Q. Can a friend move in with me?
- You must have written permission from Management, and follow the normal application procedure for adding another Tenant.
Q. What happens if I pay half of the rent, by my roommate doesn't pay his/her half?
- Each Tenant is jointly and severally responsible for the entire monthly rent.
- If we don't receive all of the rent, legal action will be initiated against all Leaseholders.
Q. Can I use my security deposit to pay my last month's rent?
- No. If you don't pay your last month's rent, legal action will begin on the 2nd day of the month.
Q. When will my deposits be returned?
- Forty-five days after the end of your Lease term, provided you fulfill the terms and conditions outlined in your Lease.